Tableau Training for beginners
Are you looking to learn visualization for your next job as a data analyst or data scientist? If so, I have got a new course for you. I have recorded a series of videos to learn visualization using Tableau. You will learn, how to connect to different data sources like excel, SQL server and other is very less time, without needing to know complex coding and quickly clean up the data and put together powerful visualization. We will look at various examples to take complex data and visualize a simple story using the power of graphs and charts.
Course link (Updated every week): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGHkzYrdQxJ...
My Website Link: www.rakeshgopal.com
Join my list to get latest updates on articles and courses.
What will we exactly cover in this series?
- Connecting to various data sources, and cleaning up data
- Joining multiple datasets (Union, Blending, cross database Joins and many more)
- Visualizing the data as Charts, Graphs, Maps, Plots etc.
- Tricks and tips to tell a simple and effective story using data.
- The concept of Tableau Database or Fast engine (Extracts)
- Visual Analytics, Drilldowns, Sorting, Grouping, Set and Cluster creations, Filtering of data, Parameters, Tooltips, Annotations, Reference lines
- Packaging your report into a Dashboard.
- Playing with Geographical data types and using Maps in Tableau
- Writing very complex and powerful calculations like aggregate calculations, Date, Logical, String, Number and other types of calculations.
- And many more.
What are the basic requirements or pre-requisities.
No pre-requisities. I have provided all the materials. You just need a MAC or a Windows computer.
What will you gain from this course?
I am a coder and a manager and run a Data science team. Quite often through Linkedin and other channels I get questions on tips to start a career in Databases and Analytics.
So I put together this course. I have taken into consideration a lot of stuff, that you will often need if you decide to start a career as a Reporting Analyst or Data Analyst.
By the end of this course, you will have a good understanding of Tableau, how to use it, how to gather data from different data streams and clean them, how to use the various tools provided by tableau in-order to create a report or visualization and many more. In short, you will be apply to directly apply these concepts in your new job or day to day work. You will be able to take a very complex data and transform that into a beautiful story for analysis and present it to leadership.
If you want to learn the complete BI stack, you can refer my article here (http://www.rakeshgopal.com/blog/1024621/starting-a-career-in-databases-and-analytics)
If you want to learn about what is expected of Reporting/Data Analyst vs other jobs in the Database are, check this out (http://www.rakeshgopal.com/blog/1266369/interview-tips-and-preparation-guidelines)
Who is the target audience?
- You should take this course if want to learn visualization and Tableau from scratch
- You should take this course if you want to refresh your existing Tableau Skills
- You should take this course if you are looking to change your career into more of a reporting analyst or data analyst type roles.
What support will you get?
- This course is free of cost!
- You can ask me questions via my website, forums or Udemy.