Learn Visualization techniques to tell a simple story using complex data
After completing this course, you will be comfortable creating simple to complex reports, Graphs and Maps. This course will complete the BI tool set consisting of SQL, ETL and Reporting (you can refer to my SQL Server and ETL courses, if you want to learn more). This course, will walk you through basic installation and environment setup to different SSRS techniques to create reports and visualization. We also cover concepts like displaying data using Tables, Matrices and Lists. We will walk through how to create highly dynamic reports. We walk through the powerful concepts of SSRS expressions, where you can dynamically render Colors, Fonts, Data and control the Report look and feel.
After taking all 3 courses, students will know what will be expected of a DB developer, ETL Developer or a Reporting Analyst type job. The complete BI Tool Suite course will help you get prepared for interviews and jobs. It will show you all facilities that these tools provide.
By taking all the 4 courses in this toolset, I can assure you that you will have a very good understanding of how the different Microsoft Business Intelligence tools interact with one another, and how a typical day in the life of Database developer, ETL Developer, Analyst or Reporting Analyst look like.
- This course is for anyone, who wants to learn Visualization using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). SSRS is one of tools in the Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) tool Suite.
- This course will complete the set of lectures in the Microsoft BI Tool Suite (SQL, ETL and Visualization). Please refer my other courses, if you wish to learn SQL and ETL.
What will I learn?
Create reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
Complete the MSBI suite (if you have taken my Databases and ETL courses)
Apply these techniques in any of your projects, to build highly customized reports.
Building graphs, maps, charts and other visualization
Be comfortable building Tables, Matrices, lists and deploying to SSRS server
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Complete the MSBI suite (if you have taken my Databases and ETL courses)
- Apply these techniques in any of your projects, to build highly customized reports.
- Building graphs, maps, charts and other visualization
- Be comfortable building Tables, Matrices, lists and deploying to SSRS server
I am a coder, manager, educator and a gamer. I love data and analytics. In my day job, I work with database technologies including SQL , Big Data and Tableau. I am passionate about technologies and love coding and managing teams. In my spare time I like to teach Big Data analytics, Databases, Programming etc. I am currently working on certain machine learning and Data Science projects and love to explore more in the Statistics field.
StartHello SSRS (1:21)
StartA little about me and the course (3:18)
StartSetting up your environment (1:53)
StartMy First SSRS report (Wizard Based) (6:25)
StartMy First SSRS report (Non-Wizard Based) (9:43)
StartAdding Parameters to SSRS reports (4:44)
StartSSRS Cascading Parameters (7:40)
StartSSRS Expressions (12:01)
StartTables, Matrices and Lists (16:32)
StartSSRS Graphs and Visualization (6:44)
StartSSRS Subreports (6:33)
StartSSRS Tips & Tricks / Conclusion (12:53)